Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If you're regularly using more than one computer in your research, syncing can keep your library up to date on all of them. With a Zotero account, Zotero stores a copy of your library on its server and will check it for updates whenever you open your library on a different computer. All your computers must be running the same version of Zotero.
First, set up a free Zotero.org user account. Then:
- Open Zotero preferences and select the Sync tab.
- Enter your Zotero user name and password.
- Check the "sync automatically" box.
- Check both boxes under File Syncing and choose Zotero storage for My Library. This will sync your PDF attachments as well as citations (more info).
- Click the green circular arrow button at the top right corner of the Zotero window.
- Zotero will upload your library to the server.
Repeat this configuration on each of your computers. Any updates you make on one of your computers will be reflected on the others.
For more details and troubleshooting, visit Zotero's Sync Support.